For the authors
The Editorial Board accepts previously unpublished scholarly papers in linguistics. The Editorial Board does not return non-commissioned submissions.
By submitting their articles to the journal’s Editorial Board the authors
- state that they hold the copyright rights to the articles, that the articles are free from any defects of title and that they have not been previously published elsewhere in their entirety or in part nor have they been submitted to any other journal, and
- grant their consent, free of charge, to have their articles published in Beiträge zur allgemeinen und vergleichenden Sprachwissenschaft / Contributions to General and Comparative Linguistics and disseminated without any limitation as to the time and territory, including by marketing copies of the journal as well as making them available on the internet free of charge and in exchange for a fee.
The main formal requirements:
- Length: article – 60 000 characters including spaces.
- Font – Times New Roman 12, line spacing – 1.5, footnotes at the bottom of a page, bibliography.
- Authors are obliged to submit texts conforming to the requirements of Beiträge zur allgemeinen und vergleichenden Sprachwissenschaft / Contributions to General and Comparative Linguistics available in the attachment.
- The titles, names and surnames of authors cited in the submissions originally written in alphabets other than the Latin alphabet must be transliterated into the Latin script.
- The top left-hand side corner of the title page of the submission should contain details concerning the author/authors (e-mail addresses and telephone numbers, work place, affiliation in the case of academics). What is also recommended is an ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) profile making it possible to follow the author’s work online. The ORCID number should be indicated under the author’s/authors’ details.
- Each submission should be accompanied by a short (maximum 10 sentences) summary and title of the article in English as well as 5-6 key words in English. The summary should specify the subject matter, aims and main conclusions.
- Articles should be sent in electronic form (MS Word document: DOC/DOCX or RTF) via e-mail sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions not conforming to the required standards may not be taken into account in the selection process.
The authors will be informed about whether their articles have been accepted for publication in Beiträge zur allgemeinen und vergleichenden Sprachwissenschaft / Contributions to General and Comparative Linguistics within seven weeks days via e-mails sent to the addresses provided by them.
Articles submitted for publication are reviewed, and the reviews are confidential and anonymous (double-blind review). A list of reviewers is published in every issue of the journal in a given year. The reviewers’ comments are sent to the author who is obliged to take into account the corrections suggested by the reviewers or to send an explanation if he or she decides not to take them into account. The Editorial Board refuses to accept an article for publication in the case of two negative reviews.
The Editorial Board seeks to prevent cases of ghost-writing and guest authorship, which are manifestations of scholarly dishonesty. Ghost-writing is a situation when someone has made a significant contribution to an article without revealing his or her role as one of the authors or without being mentioned in the acknowledgements. We are dealing with guest authorship when an individual’s contribution is very limited or non-existent and yet he or she is listed as the author/co-author of an article. Such practices are combatted by making open the information about the contributions of the various authors to an article (information about the author of the concept, assumptions, methods, protocol etc. used when writing the article).
All articles presenting results of statistical research are submitted to the statistical editor.
The publishing house reserves the right to introduce editorial changes into submitted articles.
Authors are obliged to make corrections to their articles within 7 days of receiving the relevant comments. A failure to make the corrections within the deadline signifies that the author agrees to have his or her article published in the form submitted for proofreading.
By submitting the article, the author agrees for it as well as its basic data, including its summary in English and the author’s details (name and surname, institution, e-mail address) and key words to be included in the online databases.
Authors do not receive any fee for their articles.
After an article has been published, its author receives two printed copies of Beiträge zur allgemeinen und vergleichenden Sprachwissenschaft / Contributions to General and Comparative Linguistics free of charge. All articles made available by the Publisher in PDF format can be found on the journal’s website.